About the Community
We are forming a community home of cultural creatives & social change agents who seek to embody communication technology, create a home as a sanctuary, and support each other in making more impact in the world.
We are interested in building our skills as humans together to help us serve in a larger capacity in the world – and have fun doing it! We value skillful interpersonal communication both as housemates, and as a pivotal tool for our times in the community at large.
We look to foster a culture of warmth and generosity. We view the home as a place to rest and replenish, and to convene with people who strive to make positive change.
We are thoughtful about our choices and their impacts, striving to be healthy inside and out, for our bodies, our communities and the planet. We all have a spark to contribute toward something bigger. We strive for diversity of age, race, religion and personal preferences even while we celebrate our commonalities.
Who We Are.
We envision bringing together people who are grounded & practical, warm and open-hearted. That might include hikers, meditators, dancers, bicycle commuters, gardeners, kayakers, adventurers, and more. We imagine making things on our own and fermenting some of our own foods; allowing ourselves to go deep in our projects, while still remaining connected with each other. *We are a nascent community, looking for additional founding residents to co-create this community with us.
About Founding Residents.
SaraHope is an eco-preneur, yogi and dancer. She loves to spend time in the woods and kayaking, making things and working on projects together.. She has a daily yoga and meditation practice. She has a deep appreciation for life and values good honest connection and communication, and the light-hearted, playful moments in life. Born in Arizona, she’s lived in Portland since 2009 working with schools and counties and school districts to save energy and is now transitioning to consulting work with non-profits.
* Some photos are taken from other OpenDoor coliving properties to give a sense of the interior and community experience.
About the House
- Address: 1005 NE 72nd Ave, Portland, OR
- 8 Bedrooms and 3,617 sq.ft.
- Newly remodeled house featuring a community kitchen, dining room, 2nd floor sun room, basement tea lounge, onsite laundry, large garage space with ample room for storage & project space, yard with raised garden beds, and fruit trees.
- Located in the Montavilla neighborhood in Northeast Portland, within walking distance of the restaurants and coffee shops on Glisan Street, and a quick bike ride to Mount Tabor.
- Room prices between $700 – $925 per month. One room includes a private bathroom.
- Utilities will be between $75 – $100 per month and include business-class high speed WiFi.
- House will include a shared food program managed by residents.