About the Community
We are creating an intentional home that prioritizes sustainability, the arts, and community. Our quest is to make a home where people make or support the arts, are environmentally conscious, and truly care about one another.
We imagine the home to be a place to both host meaningful events that bring together a vibrant community as well as a place of nourishment and relaxation in a community of friends. Sustainability is at the root of our daily choices — from energy efficiency to organic food. This is a place where we imagine being surround by people engaged in the arts including visual, performance, music, digital, craft, any level, you name it! Hosted events would include art showings, grassroots organizing, meditation meetings, and more. (What would you want to host?). We have a growing garden and hope to produce an abundance of home-grown goodies. This is a home of vibrancy, new ideas, life, and growth.
As a community, our mission is to provide for each other and the neighborhood. This is a space where our community can break bread together. We seek a community of artists, DIYers, and progressives to support one another. Through living together we hope to give people the support and structure to continuously improve and grow.
Who We Are.
We are a nascent community looking for additional residents to co-create this community with us. We strive toward diversity, and know we all have different skills and needs. We want members of our community that are passionate about life and driven by a larger sense of purpose around health and sustainability. Could be anything! – sustainable business, yoga, sports, meditation, regenerative agriculture, restorative justice, the arts, biking, etc. Lastly, we want courageous members who desire to expose their vulnerable side in order to create a safe consent-centered community that promotes growth and responsibility.
What We Value.
- Environmental Sustainability
- Community Participation
- Respect, Integrity, & Compassion
- Having a Growth Mindset
* Some photos are taken from other OpenDoor coliving properties to give a sense of the interior and community experience.
About the House
- Address: 3529 NE Bryce St, Portland, OR
- 13 Bedrooms and 5,300 sq.ft.
- Newly remodeled house featuring a large community kitchen, dining room with communal eating booth, a basement tea / movie nook, movement/meditation room, bike parking shed, back deck maker space, and onsite laundry.
- Located in a fantastic northeast neighborhood within short walking distance of the many restaurants and coffee shops on Fremont Ave, and a mile walk / bike ride to Alberta.
- Room prices between $735 – $875 per month. [Options of private or shared bath]
- Utilities ~$85 per month and include business-class high speed WiFi.
- House will include a shared food program managed by residents.