Work With Us
We enable authentic community – places where people can evolve together on a daily basis. We see our team as a community itself, and an opportunity to practice growth and development. We are headquartered in Oakland, CA with properties and team members in the Bay Area, Portland and Seattle.
OpenDoor develops and operates collaborative living (“coliving”) spaces. Our homes bring people together to connect, share, and build meaningful relationships with one another. Our mission is to empower more people to live with a greater sense of connection and purpose. While our business model is in real estate, the core of our offering is around people and community.
Our Coliving Model
“You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with”
— Jim Rohn
Our coliving homes are shared houses or apartments where members rent private rooms, while coming together to share meals, common spaces, socialize, and more. We provide a myriad of services to make the resident experience both easier and better; from beautifully furnished common areas and business-class wifi to fun community events and programs. Residents gain access to a desirable lifestyle and valuable shared amenities at an affordable cost of living.
Working at OpenDoor
We are a mission-driven company, passionate about our offering, the organization we’re building, and how it contributes to people’s lives. We work hard and love what we do.
We are a collaborative team. We work with a high degree of communication, accountability, and integrity. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere in the organization.
We are a startup. Our workplace is a dynamic environment and roles are not rigid. Every person on our team matters and is trusted to contribute in a myriad of ways.
We are growing. We currently have eight properties across Oakland, Berkeley, San Francisco and Portland, OR, with many more in the pipeline.
We are a learning organization, always looking for ways to improve our business, our systems, and ourselves.
We love our people. We believe people do their best work when they are fully supported, respected, and able to live a balanced life. We allow for flexible work hours and travel schedules that support the whole person, as long as the job gets done.
We are looking for a full-time team member to lead new member recruitment for our coliving communities in Portland, as well as the Bay Area. The two central responsibilities of this role are to curate healthy communities in our homes while achieving the leasing goals of the project. This person would be the primary point of contact with prospective residents through the entire leasing and community interview process. This person will be instrumental in building out OpenDoor’s presence and operations in the Portland area, while also performing remote recruiting work for OpenDoor’s properties in the Bay Area.
- Lead the applicant interview, selection, and leasing process, owning the Portland and Bay Area member application funnel + CRM
- Be the primary point of contact, communication, and customer service for prospective residents, shepherding prospects toward the business goal of leasing bedrooms
- Give as-needed tours and host weekly open houses (post-COVID) for OpenDoor’s Portland-based properties.
- Collaborate and coordinate with existing residents to reach out to their networks, as well as be involved in open houses and the overall interview process
- Communicate the values and benefits of coliving to perspectives, while also answering their tactical questions regarding rent, lease-terms, etc
- Manage property listings and copy for Portland and Bay Area coliving properties
- Ensure project is leased on target timelines, while also facilitating inclusive, diverse and healthy community dynamics within the resident group
- Note: as a small team and startup, you will be expected to wear many hats and also pinch hit outside of your exact role.
- Must be a “people person” with strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong sales and/or leasing background/experience, including working through a CRM
- Basic event production/hosting experience
- Lives in the Portland metro area. Having a car will be very helpful.
- Passion for and/or experience with living in community
Location + Compensation
- Based in the Portland area, with occasional travel to Seattle and Oakland
- Flexible schedule but must be available evenings and weekends for events + tours
- Full-time employment with health benefits and PTO
- Competitive salary based on background and experience level