being a part of something better, together.
We’re excited to talk to folks who are interested in being a part of launching a brand new community. Whether you’ve always dreamed of community living, or have been living in a shared house for 5 years, we’d love to hear from folks who are excited at the prospect of having a hand in launching a new space! OpenDoor specializes in Coliving and we love working with early residents to gather together into a cohesive group, make decisions together, work to share resources, and navigate the process of building bonds!
Every founding member will be part of our Community Startup Program, and join one of the following launch teams:
- Food & Finance
- Shared Tasks & Roles (Contributions)
- New Member Onboarding
- Governance & Agreements
- Vision & Values
- Community Outreach
Ideally, you will be passionate about being a founding resident. A plus if you have the capacity and skills to act as a liaison to OpenDoor!
- We support you with certified coaches, facilitators, and a body of resources that has been built over a decade in sixteen properties.
- OpenDoor will hold a strong container for launching a successful and fulfilling community.
- Our Founding Residents will be skillful and excited to lead a group of rad and passionate humans.
- Most importantly, each person will lead with their heart.
By using time-tested frameworks & processes for launching new co-living communities, you will bring it to life with your unique passion, purpose, and vision.
Click “START INTEREST FORM” to get in touch.
Some magic from our other homes:
welcome to society 62
This project consists of three stories, each of which is designed to be a self-contained community household. Each floor has a fully equipped chef’s kitchen, and open plan living space with ample dining and plenty of living space. Everyone has a private bedroom, and many beds have private baths. The first floor has eleven bedrooms, the second floor has twelve bedrooms, and the top floor has six lofted bedrooms.
Each of the three flats is being thoughtfully furnished- couches, rugs, art, plants, chairs, as well as a fully equipped kitchen down to silverware, bowls, plates, cups, pots and pans. We’re incorporating 8 years of experience in running (and living in!) coliving houses into the design selections of this home. Whether need to find a cozy nook to tuck away and read in, or you want to tell stories around the fireplace- we have all your home needs covered.
some amenities include:
- Breville espresso machine, professional chef knife set, large Instant Pots, GreenPan ceramic cookware & Libbey dishware in kitchens
- 109″ solid acacia wood dining table
- Brand new furnishings from All Modern, West Elm, CB2 and the like
- Media rooms with professional grade projectors
- Furnished patios with lanterns on each story
- An outdoor sectional with a fireplace
- local art, plants & custom entryways
Based in the Northeast Portland neighborhood of Rose City Park, the building is on Halsey St with some nearby restaurants, pubs and coffee within walking distance (the Barley Pod, a food truck court, is across the street!). It’s a 10 minute bike ride down to Mt. Tabor, and situated right off I-84, it’s quick to drive anywhere in town.
interested in building with us? start interest form above
Independent & brewer owned: Baerlic Brewing Co lives right on the corner, offering indoor dining all year round! Meet up with friends for a bite at the food trucks, grab a handcrafted pick & then come home to hang on the deck at Society 62 to feel cozy at home- with community!
Feel free to browse our website to check out other properties. Above is one of our properties The Village in Portland, teaching us that the best stories tend to be shared, fireside. We believe in building thriving communities that create belonging for everyone. We can’t wait to meet you!