Welcome to the Freya community. Welcome home. This digital handbook has everything you need to get acquainted with the programming, policies, and culture of the Freya community. The member guide is ever evolving, so make sure to check back often to get the latest & greatest.
OpenDoor defines coliving as a modern form of community housing designed to support a purpose-driven and shared lifestyle. Residents unite around common interests, values, and intentions to collaboratively manage a space, share resources, and support one another.
The purpose of coliving is to create a home environment for members, guests, and the extended community that:
- Builds meaningful connections and lasting relationships
- Serves as a platform for fulfilling creative pursuits and projects, and accelerating personal growth and learning
- Cultivates collaboration, connections, and serendipitous interactions
- Enables more affordable and sustainable living through sharing and efficient use of resources, without compromise in lifestyle
- Inspires people to be active participants in their lives and the world around them
Coliving is for people who want to live with greater intention, mindfulness, and purpose. For people who value authentic human connection, learning, and personal growth, and who want to be part of creating something bigger than themselves. Our members include creative professionals, artists, entrepreneurs, healers, teachers, adventurers, activists, and more – diverse people from all walks of life that share a desire to live with greater purpose, creativity and connection.
What We Value:
We are exploring new ways of living and creating home together. Through this process, we have come to value:
- Community alongside individuality
- Intentionality over apathy
- Openness and collaboration over competition
- Sharing of resources over consumption of “stuff”
- Diversity of people and perspective over homogeneity
Want to learn more?
Checkout our blog post on So what exactly is coliving?, the most googled article on coliving on the internet!