The Euclid Manor has existed a a co-living community since 2015, and is home to a beautiful mix of people. We are deeply committed to maintaining a nurturing, clean, supportive home. We value open and non-violent communication; we are QTPOC-welcoming; we are comfortable challenging each other’s views while respecting the sanctity and peace of home. We are environmentalists, non-profit people, start-up people, humanitarians, game creators, community-builders, oceanographers, economic theorists, social changers, med students, developers and designers. We are campers and travelers and cyclists and yogis and ecstatic dancers and protest-goers and status-quo-challengers and burners and musicians. We are silly and curious and introverts and extroverts and ambiverts. Sometimes we host big events. Sometimes we keep it quiet.
We have family dinners every Wednesday and Sunday and house meetings about once a month, but we understand your busy schedule doesn’t always allow you to be present, and that’s okay. We have high standards for cleanliness, so to that end, each resident is responsible for helping with basic upkeep of the house.
We have available rooms! Click here to apply. Keep reading for more juicy details!
- Room 1: $1300/month. Second floor of the house; shared bathroom with 4 others. Available Dec 1.
- Room 2: $1300/month. Third floor of the house; shared bathroom with 4 others. Available Dec. 1
- Room 3: $1500/month. Third floor of the house; shared bathroom with 4 others. Available Nov 1. This room is being vacated by a couple and their 1 yr old child, so is definitely big enough to accommodate a couple.
All rooms are unfurnished.
Please note: our landlords are currently converting our old garage into a new unit, which we anticipate will be completed by January (ish). If those units interest you, and your timing is flexible, please apply anyway and indicate your timing! We’d love to meet you and see if the new back unit might be a good fit for you.
The house has a large kitchen on the first floor, and a smaller kitchen on the 3rd floor. We have 2 washer/dryers in the house, plenty of storage for things and for bikes, and potentially one car space in the driveway.
- Utilities: additional $85/mo for all utilities (incl. high-speed internet)
- Food: $160/mo for shared food program: local, organic, ethical.
- Location: Two blocks from Grand Ave, Lake Merritt, the Grand Lake Theater, and a cornucopia of restaurants, cafes, parks, and more.
- Transportation: Very close to bus including Transbay to SF, casual carpool to SF, and 1.3mi from 19th Street BART. Great for cyclists.
- Parking: Street parking only, and it’s hard to park in our neighborhood.
- Chores: We all share in the cleaning + organization of our home! Each person has a few weekly-ish chores that they contribute to the house.
Who is OpenDoor?
- Aa growing family of community houses in the Bay Area and Portland.
- Our benevolent landlord, as well as partner and supporter in all things community.
- The brainchild of two of our housemates.
Who is Dr. Euclid Von Imaginal?
Our house is named after Dr. Euclid Von Imaginal, the little-known and somewhat enigmatic discoverer of imaginal cells, and original inhabitant of our historic home. Read more to learn about imaginal cells.
Ready to live here? Apply here.
Click here to apply.