please respect shared agreements and rules:
- Please help us keep the bathrooms clean! Please do not put anything other than toilet paper in the toilet. If you find that the bathroom is missing anything or does not meet your standard of cleanliness, please let us know.
- Security Code: 755777
Common Kitchen and Lounge
- When you are done cooking please put dirty dishes in the dishwasher, wipe counters, and put any small appliances back where you found them.
- All items stored in the fridge must be labeled with your unit number by the last Thursday of each month. Anything unlabeled or any food gone bad will be disposed of the following morning (last Friday of the month).
- If you didn’t bring it in, don’t take it out. We are happy to provide many appliances, kitchen tools, and games in common spaces for you and your guests to use. Please leave these in common spaces so that other residents can use them, as well.
Food and Dishes
- When you are done using them, please rinse your dirty dishes and load them into the dishwasher. Please make sure to switch the magnetic sign to “dirty”.
- If you fill the dishwasher, please run it and flip the magnetic sign to “clean”. Cleaning staff will help put clean dishes away once they are done.
- Please do not store communal dishes in your units.
- Please only use the communal fridge for things that are properly sealed, sanitary, and tidy.
- Please avoid leaving open containers like soda cups, take out boxes, etc in the communal fridge.
- All unlabeled food in the communal fridge will be considered communal and is up for grabs. There will be a Sharpie and tape available to label your food if you intend it for your private use.
- To maintain freshness, communal fridges will need to be regularly purged. Do not store personal items in the fridge for more than a couple days.
Trash, Recycle & Compost
- Please be sure to use the proper receptacles to dump your waste.
- Guidelines for proper segregation of waste, recycle, and compost are posted in common areas and in the waste room.
- Please use the receptacles in your unit for personal trash and empty them into the lower level – do not bring any personal waste to the communal receptacles
TV + Speakers
- Please be mindful of the volume when using the TV and speakers. Please turn them off when you leave the space or if they are not in use.
- See detailed instructions about how to use Bluetooth speakers at the back of the handbook.
- The upper level meeting room is available for occasional meetings, co-working, and quiet activity on a first-come first served basis. Occasional private meetings are OK but the intention is that it is a shared space for all community members to use.
- Please do not leave your laundry in the machines. Be mindful of others waiting to use them. Clean out your lint after using the dryers.
Loft Stairs and Ladders
- Please be careful when using the loft stair/ladder.
- Do not carry items up and down the stair/ladder
- The stairs and ladders are too steep to safely descend walking forward. You should always descend with your body facing toward the stair/ladder and your hands free to grip the railings and wall.
- Do not attempt to carry items that require two hands up to the loft by yourself. A minimum of two people is needed, sometimes more if items are large and/or heavy.
- Do not remove the mattresses from the loft without prior permission from building management.
- Certain sounds, such as those caused by hard soled shoes and amplified music, are difficult to fully isolate and can be annoying to others in the building. Please play your music at modest volume levels, and try not to clomp around on the floors. If your neighbor’s noise is becoming bothersome, please be courteous in letting them know. If your neighbor is bothered by your noise, please try to be accommodating.
- The units doors have limited ability to screen out corridor noise. Please be courteous of other community members and keep noise and conversation in the hallway to a minimum. Open windows will also allow sound to travel more freely from unit to unit.
- The Roost is proud to be a pet-friendly building. Please clean up after your pets and be respectful of other community members. Please place all dog waste in the designated green can in the lower level waste room. Please do not let any pets onto the communal furniture.
Safety and Security
- If you notice the kitchen windows are open and you are the last one in the space, please help us keep the building secure by closing them.
- Please do not open the door for someone you do not know, or leave the door propped open.
- Please do not leave any windows in communal spaces open to avoid water damage.
- RCW 70.160 prohibits smoking within 25 feet of entrances, exits, windows that open, and ventilation intakes that serve enclosed areas where smoking is prohibited.
- The Roost is a no smoking building. Please do not smoke or vape within the building or anywhere on the premises.
Slack Community Workspace